Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Storm Gusts



It has been entirely too long since I posted something. Perhaps I should say, "Hello," first. "Hello!" I'm Sasha and I'm an author of speculative fiction. The photo up above is not of me. Rather it is a photograph of 2018's hurricane Florence as seen from outer space. She's a behemoth alright and has caused catastrophic damage in the United States.I feel particularly empathetic for North Carolinians. Their streets are under water. Sinkholes abound. Structures have been demolished. It is hard to believe that I evacuated from Georgia to North Carolina two years ago.

Hang in there, folks!

As frightening and as terrible as hurricanes are, I'd like to think that I've had a short period of storm-like productivity in the past few weeks. Things at the day job slowed down just a smidgen while the storm loomed. I'm very grateful that Savannah has thus far been spared her wrath. Thanks to the lull, I've been able to dedicate some of my neurons to writing.

Woo hoo!

The books I've recently read are as follows:

Children of Blood and Bone - Tomi Adeyemi

Sunshine - Robin McKinley

I'm also finishing up:

A Court of Frost and Starlight - Sarah J. Maas

Warcross - Marie Lu

Hopefully, I can offer a little book review session soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment