Sunday, August 18, 2013

Positive News for THE ARTIST


My short tale of horror, entitled THE ARTIST was first published by TITLE GOES HERE and appeared in Issue Eight on July 13th, 2011. (Yes, the magazine is actually titled "Title Goes Here". I'm not making that up!) Although issues are available in print and digital formats, TITLE GOES HERE is not free to read. That means  you cannot currently read the story online.

This summer I've been sending out THE ARTIST as a re-print, hoping to see it published again. If that wonderful sci-fi series The X-Files were still in production, I'd like to think the subject of this story would make a killer episode.

At any rate, my fingers are still crossed, but my latest news is THE ARTIST will appear as an Honorable Mention in Volume 22/49 of ALLEGORY.

I'll post a link when that edition is ready, but this is the language ALLEGORY uses to congratulate its Honorable Mentions (this comes from the current Volume, 21/48): 

Allegory deals with submissions in the way that, as far as I know, remains fairly unique in the publishing world. Each story is individually reviewed and, if considered publishable, is placed in our "Maybe" pile. At the end of each submission period, these "Maybes" are reviewed, and the best eight chosen to appear in the next issue. This final cut is made on the basis of issue balance, and does NOT reflect the overall quality of these stories.


That said, here - in no particular order - are the "Maybes" who just missed publication in Allegory. Each one is a fine tale that we would have been proud to publish. Remember these names, friends and fellows. You'll be hearing from them in the future. I guarantee it!


No comments:

Post a Comment